ADATE aims to help researchers and their future collaborators find each other, whether they be from across campus, across the city, or from the private sector.
Researchers and clinicians in ADATE cover a wide range of research and clinical disciplines, in locations across Sydney, including Universities and other research organisations, hospitals, and in the private sector.
Researchers in the network range from applied scientists (working on new materials for e.g.), to biomedical scientists (working on understanding how the body works and cures for diseases and conditions), to biomaterial and device manufacturers, through to clinical specialists and surgeons, who are often the end users of tissue engineering research outputs.
Where possible, we have:
- People listed by the Clinical Areas for which they have carried out or applied their Tissue Engineering or Biomaterial research.
- People listed by the Technology or skills which they apply to their Tissue Engineering or Biomaterial research.
ADATE EXPERTISE BY TECHNOLOGY/SCIENTIFIC AREA
Below is a list of technologies or skills that Network members may apply to their Tissue Engineering or Biomaterial research.
- Scaffolds: architecture, fabrication, characterisation
- Biomaterials: synthesis, degradation, toxicology, biocompatability
- Developmental biology related to regenerative medicine
- Stem cell: biology, manipulation and differentiation
- Adult cell sourcing
- Cell culture, cell manipulation
- Cell-biomaterial surface interactions
- Mechanotransduction, topographical cues
- Maintenance of phenotype in 3D scaffolds
- Molecular signalling, including growth factors
- Gene transfection
- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis
- Implantation of tissue engineered constructs
- Immune responses and immunomodulation
- Nutrition & oxygenation of tissue engineering constructs
- Imaging and diagnosis of relevant disease states
- Anatomical and functional imaging of regenerating tissue
- Computational modelling of tissue regeneration
- Engineering of tissues for drug evaluation and cancer biology
- Animal models for tissue engineering
- Clinical/Surgery (ie end user of Tissue Engineering Technologies)
ADATE RESEARCHERS AND CLINICIANS HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING CLINICAL AREAS:
Below is a list of clinical areas for which Network members have carried out or applied their Tissue Engineering or Biomaterial research.
- Neurodegenerative disease
- Nerve Injury
- Musculoskeletal disease and conditions
- Ophthalmological conditions
- Maxillofacial / craniofacial conditions
- Dental conditions
- Uro-genital conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Organ failure
- Dermatological/Epithelial conditions
- General (ie applied scientists and engineers, willing to collaborate in any clinical area)